Monday, October 3, 2011

Mmmm

To celebrate the start of fall, I made a delicious pumpkin dessert last week that I'd like to share. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures of it. And perhaps even more sadly, it's already all gone. I have to admit that I ate it for at least two meals last week. It was just THAT good.

I found the recipe here and tweaked just a couple things. It was full of flavor, had the perfect texture, and was a big hit with my hubby. Best of all, it was really easy!

So, here it is:

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

Ingredients:
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
  • 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans 
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon sugar
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease bottom of 9 x 13″ pan.  Mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, 1 cup of pecans, cinnamon, and salt.  Pour mixture into greased pan.  Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture and top with remaining pecans.  Drizzle melted butter over pecans. (The original recipe called for a full cup of butter, which would probably make it even better. I just couldn't bring myself to put that much on top of the cake. :))  Bake 50-55 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment