Thursday, August 4, 2011

There's a first time for everything.

Well, this is my first blog post ever. As I sat down to write this entry, I realized how much my life has been filled with "firsts" lately.  In the past year, I was given three special titles for the first time: fiancee, college graduate, and most exciting of all, WIFE! On May 21st, I got to marry my best friend, Jack Tyler, and life with him couldn't be better!

Shortly before our wedding, Jack, two of my best friends, and I traveled to the Big Apple for my first time in NYC. I fell in love with the city! Right after the wedding, Jack and I journeyed to Maui for our honeymoon and first trip to Hawaii. It was the most fun, most relaxing trip we've ever had. We are already looking at the calendar--and our savings--to plan a trip to go back!

Upon the return to our home in Fayetteville, Arkansas, Jack and I prepared for a move to Conway--my first move away from NWA. We came down here so I could attend Grad School for Speech-Path at UCA. So far we love it! It was my first time to be living more than 30 minutes away from my family, and my heart hurt to leave them, but the Lord has provided in big ways here in Conway! Of course my number one comfort is Jack. There's no way I could venture to a new place without that amazing man right by my side! Then, within 24 hours of living here, we had already found a church family. We now attend Second Baptist Church and have gotten to know some amazing people in the few short weeks we've been there. We feel so blessed by all you who have reached out to us and made us feel at home. Leaving a nanny job and several baby-sitting clients in Fayetteville was hard as well, but I have already found a handful of new clients here and fallen in love with some pretty cool kiddos!


Jack is in the process of looking for a job with his degree in Civil Engineering, and he has already found some exciting leads. We know that the Lord will provide for us in this, just as he has in everything else. We continue to look to Him for guidance. If you are a praying person, prayers for his job would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment