Monday, August 22, 2011

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him..." Romans 8:28

Much has changed since my last post. I am happy to say that Jack and I are now EMPLOYED dog owners.

Let's start with the jobs.  It has been a roller-coaster of emotions as we have waited for the perfect civil engineering job for Jack, but I have never seen someone so fully reliant on Christ in their waiting as he has been. He praised God for closing doors to certain jobs, and prayed without ceasing for that one door to open. And, of course, in the Lord's perfect timing it did! Jack is now an engineer for the street department of the City of Conway. Today was his first day, and he is already enjoying it. It does my heart good to see him come home at the end of the day excited about his work.
Today was my first day of work as well. I got a GA position at the UCA Child Study Center, where I will be an assistant to the teachers of 3 and 4 year old classrooms. The kids don't start coming until next week, and I can't wait to meet them! As for now, we are just setting up the classrooms, and I'm getting to know the women I will be working with. They are all so fun! I'm excited to see what all this semester brings.

Now let's talk dog. Last week we adopted a 6 year old yorkie named Maggie. We are already in love with her!


She is so much fun! We find ourselves just staring at her and laughing all the time. (How could you not stare at such a cute little face?) 


That's what's been going on with the Branscum's lately! We sure do have lots to be thankful for!

2 comments:

  1. Is Jack working with a guy named Finley Vinson? I'm pretty sure he is an engineer for the City of Conway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he is! He was a great asset in Jack's job search!

    ReplyDelete